Thursday, March 16, 2017

Shots, Angles, Composition, Movement, Sounds, Editing, and Mise-en-sc'ene

In the my original storyboard I didn't include many different types of shots, angles, composition, movement, sounds, editing and miss-en-sc'ene I wanted to use so this is what I have in mind:
Shots/angles/movement/editing/mise-en-sc'ene
1. Establishing shot/ long shot of girl from behind
2. POV shot diving into pool
3. fade out to black, diegetic sound of alarm clock, edited title scene
4. steady cam wide shot of girl waking up in bed
5. close up of feet/ tilt moving up as girl puts on pants
6. close up on feet/hand held camera movement
7. Mise-en-sc'ene of note in background(Hitchcock's rule) close up of milk being poured into a glass
8. tilt up of girl drinking milk/ close up of hand holding note and tilt up to read
9. extreme close up of note
10. close up of annoyed expression on girl's face
11. tilt down of backpack dropping to floor
12.  hand held movement of girl going upstairs(rapid)
13. mid shot of bathroom door opening
14. mid shot of legs going to bedroom
15. extreme close up of sunglasses
16. close up of spraying sunscreen on arm
17. hand held movement running downstairs
18. mid shot opening backyard door
19. same as #1
20. same as #2 except includes fake blood
21. edited siren noises, faded to black
22. edited black screen "a week later"
23. two shot of mom and daughter talking about death
24. close up of finding note
25. close up of person #2 finding note
26. close up of person #3 finding note
27. person #3 flips paper over and extreme close up of back
28. extreme long shot of all people coming to markham park
29. tilt of one person bending down to find note in pocket

As for sounds: I know diegetic sounds I want to include such as the alarm clock sound(Marimba) and siren sounds but I have to research music on Youtube Audio Library to find non copyrighted music that will fit the tone and mood of this title sequence.

Looking back at my idea, I realize pouring blood right in front of camera doesn't make sense because if it a POV shot, it will look distracting. I was thinking instead to do the same POV shot but have my actress sink lower into the pool(in the shallow side) and have a pool of blood there to show that. Also, I can edit some stuff and make it look realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system